As a part of the Minnesota State system, Alexandria Technical & Community College receives funding via the legislative request submitted by Minnesota State.
Minnesota State is the fifth largest system of colleges and universities in the nation with 30 state colleges and universities across the state that serve as an essential resource to students, business, and industry.
In addition to requesting its operating budget, Minnesota State is requesting $178 million in new funding for fiscal years 2018 and 2019.
FY2018-FY2019 MINNESOTA STATE LEGISLATIVE REQUEST
$178 million in new funding over the next biennium
- $143 million to support and protect campuses like Alexandria Technical & Community College
- $25 million for critical technology replacements impacting Alexandria Technical & Community College
- $10 million for student incentive grants
To see the Minnesota State FY2018-FY2019 Budget Request, click here.
To see the complete Minnesota State FY2018-FY2019 Legislative Request book, click here.
IMPACT OF THE MINNESOTA STATE LEGISLATIVE REQUEST TO ALEXANDRIA TECHNICAL & COMMUNITY COLLEGE
- Alexandria Technical & Community College will receive $2.5 million of the $143 million supporting and protecting campuses, and an estimated 234 students will be supported by the funding for incentive grants
- A fully funded request will allow us to continue funding the purchase of equipment to keep technical programs relevant and grow new and expand existing healthcare programs.
- Not fully funded request will cause us to:
- delay implementation of a mobile-responsive website and replacement of existing information technology infrastructure, hampering student recruitment and retention efforts
- put the college at financial risk
- further defer maintenance on existing facilities, resulting in safety issues
To learn more about the impact of the Minnesota State legislative request to Alexandria Technical & Community College, click here.
2017 ALEXANDRIA TECHNICAL & COMMUNITY COLLEGE CAPITAL REQUEST
Should any portion of the Minnesota State capital request be funded, Alexandria Technical & Community College is included for:
- $4.5 million in asset preservation (HEAPR)
EXTRAORDINARY REASONS TO #FUNDMINNESOTASTATE AND ALEXANDRIA TECHNICAL & COMMUNITY COLLEGE
- Alexandria Technical & Community College is one of 37 state colleges and universities that are part of the Minnesota State system.
- The colleges and universities that make up Minnesota State are home to 54 campuses, including Alexandria Technical & Community College.
- Minnesota State serves 396,000 students annually, and Alexandria Technical & Community College serves 7,953 of those students.
- Alexandria Technical & Community College partners with 3M, Ziegler-Cat, Knute Nelson, SUPERVALU, Herberger’s, MN Department of Safety and others in an effort to make sure we offer the right programs, in the right places, turning out the right number of graduates who are prepared with the necessary knowledge and skills to be successful in the jobs of the future.
- We award more than 790 degrees, diplomas, and certificates annually.
See the Minnesota State Extraordinary Facts sheet by clicking here.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE LEGISLATIVE SESSION AND ITS IMPACT ON ALEXANDRIA TECHNICAL & COMMUNITY COLLEGE: