1.1 Policy on Policy and Procedures
This policy sets forth the process for the origination of new policies and revision of existing policies of Alexandria Technical & Community College
Policy and Procedure Development Procedure
- The Leadership Council will appoint a Policy and Procedures Coordinator (PPC) to be responsible to format and revise policies and procedures, i.e. Academic Policies, Student Policies, etc. The Leadership Council (LC) may appoint subcommittees, at their discretion, to revise.
- The Leadership Council may review each campus policy to develop a new College policy. The Policy and Procedures Coordinator will be responsible to draft this policy and maintain it electronically as a Word document.
- Requests for new policies or changes requested to adopted policies will be forwarded to the Policy and Procedures Coordinator by completing a Policy Modification Request Form. The PPC will forward the request to The Leadership Committee for input/discussion. The Leadership Council may assign a subcommittee to review and revise the policy or procedure and/or develop specific policies, if required. If changes are determined to be made, the PPC will make the changes and follow Steps 4-7 below of the review and approval process.
- When the subcommittees have completed drafting a policy, the Policy and Procedures Coordinator will format and draft stamp the policy and then forward it to the Leadership Council to review. The Leadership Council is responsible to review each draft policy and submit policy revisions and/or policy approval to the Policy and Procedures Coordinator by a designated date.
- The Policy and Procedures Coordinator will format the policy revisions to the website format.
- The Policy and Procedures Coordinator will forward each approved policy to the Website Coordinator. The approved policy will be posted to the website by the Website Coordinator for two weeks for employee comment. The Policy and Procedures Coordinator will notify employees via e-mail that a policy has been posted for review. If no comments are received, the policy will be posted as approved to the website. If comments warrant a revision, Steps 3-5 above will be followed.
- Each approved policy will be posted as a final or adopted policy to the website/network with the Last Date Revised and the Effective Date following the body of text for each policy.
Policy Development Flowchart
Procedure Development Process
Procedures are developed and revised in the same manner as policies.
Approved by: ATCC Leadership Council
Effective Date: 3/16/06
Last Date Revised: 3/16/06